What I'm Twittering:

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lessons in American Civics From a Scotsman



Dear Craig,

Regarding last night's (Wednesday) show: Fucking bravo, sir. That was absolutely some of the ballsiest and most inspiring television I've seen in a good while. And that was just the Shirley Manson segment!

I salute you, and thank you for saying things that most would consider to be outside the purview of the late-night talk show schtick. You are absolutely right to be angry and vocal about it, and I hope that every single person who had the good fortune to be watching last night is today talking about what you said, and spreading even just a small bit of the passion, courage, and common sense that I witnessed.

I've been a fan of you and the show for a long time now, and I want you to know I shall most certainly continue watching.

What did we learn on the show tonight, Craig? I guess we learned that when the journalists, politicians, and tycoons are too afraid to call bullshit, that maybe it falls to the comedians to be democracy's last hope.

No comments: