What I'm Twittering:

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Money Money Money

I guess there is a shiny side to being broke-ass poor. Wall Street troubles? They don't trouble me. Banks failing? Pff, if my bank disappeared completely, I'd lose roughly the price of a pizza. My industry is fairly turmoil-resistant, and there's always work to be had (my particular lack of having any being my own damn fault).


There's even something of an advantage to be had here, in that stocks, in general, are cheaper than they have been at any time in the past few years. I'm around (okay, past) the age where I need to start thinking and planning for an eventual retirement - nevermind the fact that I can barely conceive of ever possibly being that old - and putting any money I can into a retirement fund now will certainly end up growing as the market and economy inevitably recover. It's going to be a troubled next couple of months, sure, but in the long-view, a few months are a blip in a retirement account.


If I were at all the kind of person who liked to make a point, I guess it would be this - don't panic.

No comments: